Ullapool to Loch Inver

Departed Ullapool at 08:50 good wind about 16Knts so really good sailing. However the wind was decreasing and I was to arrive at loch inver with no wind and under engine once more. However I cant complain as compared to other passages that I have read I have managed to sail most of the time. and besides its keeping the ailing batteries topped up.
The entrance to Loch Inver is amazing. It actually reminds me of Hawaii majestic and beautiful a fantastic place to sail in to. Infact I was so engrossed in the scenery I forgot to put the fenders out for mooring up to the pontoons. and then a sudden panick ensued with about fifty feet to go with what wind there was pushing me ever closer to scratching the hull. But luckily I had just enough time to get three fenders out on the port side and rested gently on to the pontoon finger.







 
After visiting the harbour masters office and paying not only for staying at Loch Inver but also paying for the penultimate mooring at Kinlochbervie the last stop over before the infamous Cape Wrath! I went for a walk. Whilst sightseeing I came across a sign for the local cinema which as it turns out was showing the latest Startrek movie. No big deal, however the cinema turns out to be in the back of a lorry all kitted out inside as a cinema. Teared seating, surround sound and proper cinema seates and a ticket office. It was a very special evening and one I shall not forget in a hurry, the film was good, it was comfortable and as it was just parked up outside a local pub what more could you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment