Loch Inver To Kinlochbervie 27.06.13


Loch Inver to Kinlochbervie.
The weather is closing in getting worse! Departed at 09:10 and sat sail. the sea is slight to moderate but not to uncomfortable. The thing about sailing this far north is the solitude and sense of isolation which is great in one way but makes you very wary in an other way as you know you are completely alone up here and if anything goes wrong its down to yourself to sort it out......if you can.
As it happens I had a very nice sail up the west coast passing the 'Old Man of Stoer' at about 10:00hrs I sailed as close as I dared but far away enough to to get dashed on any undersea rocks. The weather was closing in although the wind was dying, Visibility was low and it was a grey drizzly day.








 
After the 'Old Man of Stoer' the wind dropped completely leaving me no option but to motor the rest of the way to Kinlochberie. 'Is this the calm before the storm' I ask myself?. Arrived at Kinlochbervie at 13:50hrs and it is once again a fantastic entrance but you have to make sure you follow the charts very carefully as you have to keep quite close to the cliffs and you musnt pass the entrance to the harbour as there are underwater cables.
 
In Kinlochbervie I once again meet up with a couple of old boaters that I met further down the coast. The only other circumnavigators that I came across. There boat has the name of 'Freya too' we would stay in contact for quite a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment