Leg 22 Largs to Inverkip and the end of a thousand nautical miles


Leg 22 Largs to Inverkip Marina and the end of a thousand nautical miles.

A reasonably late start, no rush as it is only a short hop now to Inverkip Marina and the tide and weather are with me. I had breakfast, tidied up the boat ( I want it to look good as I finish) Then I decorated Morgen with AICR banners, flags and Baloons. I left Largs Marina and tried to sail to Kip. As there was next to no wind it took about an hour or so longer than I thought it would but Freddie and I were determined to do it under sail and not use the engine until coming in to Inverkip Marina.

Yesssssssssssssssss

Yesssssssssssssssss

Yesssssssssssssssss














Fran and my youngest daughter were at Inverkip Marina to welcome me home……………….. We waved at each other as I approached the entrance of the marina and they ran down to meet me at the pontoon and grab the bow and stern lines. Big hugs and a bottle of champagne shared out with family and AICR representatives who had come along to welcome me and interview me at the end of my trip.

What a relief.


Its about this time, as I finish, I feel I should say something profound for all to reflect upon. But I cant! I'm not sure how I feel yet. A bit sad that its over, a bit happy that its over, a bit relieved thats its over, but more than anything a little bit empty!!! If my Mum and dad where still alive I would like to think they would be proud of me, of what Freddie and I have achieved so far. I would like to think others maybe a little bit prouder to know me perhaps, but most of all I hope I have done justice to AICR and what they stand for.

A sincere and heart felt thanks to all those that have supported the venture and been part of it. And my many thoughts to all those that have been afflicted by cancer and the legacy it leaves behind.
Richard and Freddie.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your trip. I am learning to sail. You were very brave

    ReplyDelete