Leg 17 Pwllheli to Holyhead


Pwllheli to Holyhead


A great days sailing. Cruising chute out and flying along.

Beautiful





Coming in to Holhead Harbour, I met wind up to 30Knots on the Starboard quarter so had to quickly reduce sail and just use the Jib out front until I passed the Harbour wall where once again it was nice and peaceful. Holyhead was one of the most friendly marinas I had visited. As soon as they realized what I was doing they gave me free moorings and couldn’t do enough for me. They even looked up weather from the internet and looked up harbours for me to visit on the Isle of Man. A really very friendly place and probably only a third full.

After Finding out what the weather was going to be like for the foreseeable future I decided that for the next week I would probably be marina bound as the weather was looking pretty awful. So taking this in to consideration I decided that I would head home the next day and have a break for five or six days. A chance to see the Family again. The Marina staff looked up train timetables etc and gave me directions to the local train station. They even went as far as booking tickets on my behalf. They were brilliant. A definite place to visit again and even leave the boat here as I should think the sailing would be great.



Thanks Holyhead Marina. One of the top three marinas I have visited so far……………….

No comments:

Post a Comment