12th June

Tobermoray to Mallaig.
Around Ardnurmurchin point for the third time! (most westerly point on mainland Britain) Lovely sailing weather with only a little bit of motoring and overcast sky. A family pod of Bottlenose Dolphin hung around the boat for about one and a half hours. When I changed speed, so did they. When I changed direction, so did they. When I walked to the bow of the boat they followed me and when I walked back to the Helm of the boat they followed me again. They seemed so intelligent and the two adults seemed to be teaching the young Dolphin how to ride the bow wave of Morgen. After a while they really seemed to trust the boat and in a funny way communicated this in their body language. I was really reluctant to turn eventually in to Mallaig harbour. but needs must!
Note batteries getting lower.






 







No comments:

Post a Comment